Sad Day at the Science Center
This week has been a hectic week and I didn't manage get into the lab a lot. However, on Tuesday, Kyle and I talked with Caitlin for a little bit. UUIDs are probably not the best way to annotate the AST nodes because there is a great deal of information that we wish to attach to each AST nodes. Furthermore, the method proposed of selecting a set of digits in the UUIDs to describe this information would somewhat defeat the purpose of UUIDs. UUIDs are meant to be a series of completely random digits that are almost impossible to replicate. We decided that the best option would be to piggy-back on the design that Dennis has currently and to do that, I need to take a look at how everything is working currently.
On Thursday, Jordana and I went into the Science Center to do a user study. We were attempting to study where in the bookmarking process users get stuck. The idea was to show them a basic challenge that required an animation on the website and encourage them to find an appropriate world to remix. In order to remix it, they would have to bookmark the world and then find the world to remix on the IDE side. Unfortunately, the Science Center was incredibly quiet and we didn't get a single user. I think examining Dennis's work and tagging the AST nodes will keep me busy until I get another chance to go to the Science Center.